[opensuse-factory] installing opensuse 11.3 64 bit as a virtual box
  • From: Shalom Kazaz <shalom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 10:06:20 +0300
I'm trying to install 11.3 as a virtual box (sun vbox ose) running under
11.2 64 bit, my machine is lenovo T61 64 bit.
I'm setting the iso image as the cdrom.

when first starting up i get a popup message:
"VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not
operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will
not be able to boot.

Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-V properly in the BIOS of
your host computer."

with the options to quit or continue.
if I choose continue the boot splash come on with the various boot
options but immediately i get a message:
"This is a 32-bit computer. you can not use 64-bit software on it."

I've installed many virtual boxes in the past so I know what I'm doing.

any ideas?

--
Shalom
www.tikalk.co