Re: [opensuse-factory] synaptics gesture suite
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:52:08 +0200
On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:41:43 +0200
Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I would have packaged it, if it would be available for download.
Current
indications are that the package is only available for OEM customers, so we
have to wait.

Current indications are, that the package is crap and not worth the
packaging effort.

Mind you, there is always a reason for stuff being closed source. Every
single time I had to look at such sources, it was obviously clear that it
was closed due to its crappiness ;)
I have yet to see a counterexample.

It would be better (and probably not hard) to implement this in the
open-source synaptics xorg driver.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"