Re: [opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:45:46 +0200
On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 12:38:04PM +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
On 05/04/2010 12:16 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:
[...]

I like the plan (I've been pushing GNOME stuff from Contrib to Factory
this cycle already ;-)). That being said, at least in GNOME, there are
some packages that we don't feel comfortable integrating in Factory yet,
but we still want to make them available easily. And we use Contrib for
that.

Are there other people with a similar need? If no, we'll just find
another way :-)

I agree to what Michael Vyskocil and you said. I have a small number of
packages in Contrib which are useful for people but I cannot give them
the same level of maintenance as I (would) do for stuff in Factory.
E.g. that includes abook which was dropped from Factory a while ago
because it doesn't progress anymore (who cares btw).

I care, use abook a lot and would happily take over maintainership in
Factory :)

Petr

--
Petr Uzel, openSUSE Boosters Team