Re: [opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:46:58 +0200
On 5/3/2010 at 14:12, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
It did make sense when each package in Factory had to have a maintainer
from Novell.

What I propose is the following:

a) branch o:F:C into o:11.3:C when Factory is branched into 11.3

b) once Factory is open for new packages, find devel projects for all
packages in Contrib, move them there and send requests for inclusion Factory

c) once B is finished, kill o:F:C and maintain only forked version of
Contrib (+properly communicate the changes so people will be aware they
can (and should) push their packages into Factory)

Comments?

All in all sounds good: just won't we put too much load on the autobuild team?
From all my submits it seems this is a rather small team reviewing all
the SR's to Factory (in oS:F:C so far the 'maintainer' was assigned full rights
to update his package at any point in time. in oS:F this is / has not
been the case so far and every submission went through a screening).

This should be taken into consideration when changing this.

Dominique