Re: [opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:12:42 +0200
On 04/26/2010 11:13 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Karsten König wrote:
I was wondering if there is a definite decision about how to go on forward
with the seperation of Contrib and mainline Factory.

If I remember correctly Contrib was the place to submit stuff to as normal
contributor to openSUSE, now Factory is open for everybody to submit stuff,
based on reputation, skills and whatnot. So what's the future of Contrib
now,
this looks like a limbo state to me.

Ack. Contrib doesn't make sense to me either.

It did make sense when each package in Factory had to have a maintainer
from Novell.

What I propose is the following:

a) branch o:F:C into o:11.3:C when Factory is branched into 11.3

b) once Factory is open for new packages, find devel projects for all
packages in Contrib, move them there and send requests for inclusion Factory

c) once B is finished, kill o:F:C and maintain only forked version of
Contrib (+properly communicate the changes so people will be aware they
can (and should) push their packages into Factory)

Comments?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz