Re: [opensuse-factory] ooo3
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 07:55:46 -0500
On 05/01/2010 02:47 AM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:04:06 -0700
Thomas Taylor<linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:32:28 -0500
Donn Washburn<n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oo3 even as recent as today still has a bug. It is openSuSE's version
and is still a pain. It came from a zypper dup from days a go and
attempted updated today. Still the same problem "oofromtemplate". It has been in M5 and
M6. "creation of executable memory area failed: Too many open files".

ooo3 comes up and request fixing the file last opened.
Fix it and try to save it. ooo3 crashes.
Also in ooo3 from DVD M6. Further, any ooo app crashes when a document is open
and any menu is clicked such as file or edit.
--
After uninstalling openSUSE version and installing version from Suns' site,
everything seems to work.

Oh Yea! I forgot to mention that this miserable useless wasteful security on my /home/donn/Documents direcrory. Directories and files which have that darn dot "." at the end of the mode line give me this error.

"Access denied to /home/donn/Documents/donn/"whatever-directory or file.

Otherwise ooo3 seems to be fixed on files without that darn "."

More correctly than mode line -> permissions lines

drwxrwxrwx"." <-the dot goes here

\-----------directory = "d" (possible: -, b, c, q)

--
73 de Donn Washburn