Re: [opensuse-factory] ooo3
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 07:26:08 -0500
On 05/01/2010 02:47 AM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:04:06 -0700
Thomas Taylor<linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:32:28 -0500
Donn Washburn<n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

oo3 even as recent as today still has a bug. It is openSuSE's version
and is still a pain. It came from a zypper dup from days a go and
attempted updated today.
Still the same problem "oofromtemplate". It has been in M5 and M6.
"creation of executable memory area failed: Too many open files".

ooo3 comes up and request fixing the file last opened.
Fix it and try to save it. ooo3 crashes.

Also in ooo3 from DVD M6. Further, any ooo app crashes when a document is
open and any menu is clicked such as file or edit.

--
After uninstalling openSUSE version and installing version from Suns' site,
everything seems to work.

I did about the same thing. I downloaded and installed only the userland and jre rpms and it seems to have fixed things. I also uninstalled some off the openSuSE's version. Check "rpm -qa | grep OpenOffice" and see if the vesions agree. I think I may have found a version confuse problem

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "