Re: [opensuse-factory] M6 locks up Intel on install attempt (was not addressed on linuxrc page)
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:55:09 -0400
On 2010/04/30 23:13 (GMT+0200) Stefan Dirsch composed:

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 04:41:16PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

Is there anything I can try on cmdline other than textmode=1 to prevent
lockup on i845G when installation tries to switch to GUI? How do I tell
installer on cmdline to use something other than intel driver?

Installer uses fbdev as before.

I routinely forget that, and also forget where to look it up.

Thanks to javier on IRC for reminding me about i915.modeset=0, which works.
:-)

I added a Modeset section to http://en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc with the best
information I knew. Maybe there's more it should say, and others can update
it.

I believe it's easier to use 'nomodeset' than <driver>.modeset=0.

Now that I've written it on the Linuxrc wiki page maybe I can remember. :-)
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/