Re: [opensuse-factory] M6 locks up Intel on install attempt not addressed on linuxrc page
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 23:13:37 +0200
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 04:41:16PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
Is there anything I can try on cmdline other than textmode=1 to prevent
lockup on i845G when installation tries to switch to GUI? How do I tell
installer on cmdline to use something other than intel driver?

Installer uses fbdev as before.

Thanks to javier on IRC for reminding me about i915.modeset=0, which works.
:-)

I added a Modeset section to http://en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc with the best
information I knew. Maybe there's more it should say, and others can update
it.

I believe it's easier to use 'nomodeset' than <driver>.modeset=0.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany