Re: [opensuse-factory] What happened to Gnome in M6
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:16:05 +0200
Le jeudi 29 avril 2010, à 20:56 +0200, Rastislav Krupanský a écrit :
Hi.

Is anything wrong with Gnome in M6?
Installation process uses Clearlooks theme (probably) [1]

That's not even clearlooks ;-)

No sonar theme is used by default (never mind, because i don´t like
this theme). By default is used Clearlooks. Although are Sonar and
Gilouche themes installed, they aren´t available in Appearance
->Theme.
Main menu (SLAB) is missing by default. Menu bar is used instead.
Two panels are used - top and bottom, not only one.
No network icon available in systray.
What does it mean? Can we expect some radical modifications? Or is
it just a bug?
Here you are screenshot [2], what i can see after boot from LiveCD
and after installation also.

Looks like gconf2-branding-openSUSE is not installed. I thought it was
fixed? Will look at it when I'm back home, if nobody's faster.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.