Re: [opensuse-factory] Status M6
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:51:24 +0200
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 02:26:27 +0200
Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure, that possible. BTW, we've patched the intel driver. So if KMS is
disabled on an intel machine, X silently falls back to fbdev.

But unless your machine really hangs up when loading the i915 driver with
KMS enabled, I'd really recommend using at least the i915 KMS framebuffer
and then using the fbdev X server on top of that (like discussed in
another branch of this mailthread), since i915 then does e.g. suspend
handling etc, which will probably work better than leaving that to vesafb
and s2ram userspace. Not even speaking of strange laptop panel resolutions
etc.

Good luck ;-)

seife
--