Re: [opensuse-factory] Status M6
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:11:28 +0200
Torsdag den 29. april 2010 11:47:15 skrev Raymond Wooninck:
On Thursday 29 April 2010 10:52:58 Stefan Seyfried wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:14:10 +0200

Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe@xxxxxx> wrote:
X just freezed in the middle of the 'cover flow' KWin effect :-)

Intel graphics? The intel driver is so horribly broken, it's not funny
anymore. I'm seriously considering running fbdev X server on top of
i915's framebuffer.

I have the same effect and indeed it's not funny to have to reboot your PC
every time. I am looking for solutions, but can you explain what you mean
with running fbdev X server on top of the i915 framebuffer ?

What Intel graphics card do you have ? I have a 965GM.

I have 945. On my laptop with an installation of build0575, effects were
disabled and kde wouldn't let me enable them, didn't do anything to
troubleshoot it yet though.