Re: [opensuse-factory] Status M6
  • From: Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:14:10 +0200
On Tuesday 27 April 2010 15:36:37 Luis Medinas wrote:
Ter, 2010-04-27 às 15:18 +0200, Stephan Kulow escreveu:
Hi,

Unfortunately we have some pretty bad dependency issue
in the KDE stack, so we had to get in another round. But
it should still be possible to have it all done till tomorrow.

It's installable on x86_64 ?

Here are my experiences with openSUSE-KDE-LiveCD-x86_64-Build0577-Media.iso:

The installer fails to set keyboad to 'german with dead keys' when language
remains US english (setxkmap does the trick)

The installer fails to mount LVM logical volumes on an encrypted physical
volume after setting up the (custom LVM) partition layout and thus fails to
install root image.

The installer finishes just fine with a custom standard partition layout (no
LVM no RAID).

The yast 'Network Settings' module won't start and KNetworkManager is broke.
I'd say the latter relates to some kernel issue as the WLAN LED doesn't blink
and switching the WLAN button on my laptop changes nothing. Maybe some issue
with the ath9k kernel driver.

X just freezed in the middle of the 'cover flow' KWin effect :-)
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com