Re: [opensuse-factory] new package 'picard'
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:34:12 +0200
On 04/26/2010 07:42 PM, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
Am 26.04.2010 11:32, schrieb Michael Andres:
On Friday 23 April 2010 18:09:34 Sascha Peilicke wrote:
I'd like to submit the package 'picard' which contains MusicBrainz
Picard,
a music file tag editor. This package uses only free components (unlike
other 'picard' packages) and adds some useful plugins. My question
is which
devel project is suited best for it. It's a python-qt4 based GPLv2
app that
seems not to be packaged yet in the official repos. It can be found
in the
project 'home:saschpe' [1].

That would be great ;)

IMO it would fit into multimedia:apps.

Thought so too, I made a submit request for that.

I'm too busy to test picard atm, I use kid3 and pinkytagger, how does it
compare to them? There isn't a gui tagger in the main distro or
multimedia:apps at all only id3v2 a command line one.
One fact in favour of contrib is it's listed as a community repo in yast
and multimedia:apps isn't so it will be more visible in 11.3 in contrib.
Regards
Dave P