Re: [opensuse-factory] new package 'picard'
  • From: Tejas Guruswamy <masterpatricko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:12:09 +0100
On 26/04/10 10:32, Michael Andres wrote:
On Friday 23 April 2010 18:09:34 Sascha Peilicke wrote:

I'd like to submit the package 'picard' which contains MusicBrainz Picard,
a music file tag editor. This package uses only free components (unlike
other 'picard' packages) and adds some useful plugins. My question is which
devel project is suited best for it. It's a python-qt4 based GPLv2 app that
seems not to be packaged yet in the official repos. It can be found in the
project 'home:saschpe' [1].

That would be great ;)

IMO it would fit into multimedia:apps.

The reason that it was not in the official repos is that picard without
ffmpeg is crippled (no audio fingerprinting, removes the main feature of
the program).

It is a better fit in packman.

Regards,
Tejas