Re: [opensuse-factory] gnome keyring working for anyone?
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:43:46 +0200
Hi Vincent,

first of all: it now works, so it's not a gnome-keyring-daemon issue ;)

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:45:23 +0200
Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le lundi 19 avril 2010, à 17:37 +0200, Stefan Seyfried a écrit :
Hi factory testers,
(I know that opensuse-gnome would be the more appropriate list, but I want
to first check if it works for anyone at all).

Definitely works for me, although it took some time to get in a good
shape in factory (or, actually, upstream). Is gnome-keyring-daemon
running in your session? Is the GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL environment
variable set?

Also, which versions of gnome-keyring and libgnome-keyring do you have?

Current FACTORY
gnome-keyring-2.30.0-1.7.x86_64
libgnome-keyring0-2.30.0-1.3.x86_64

But the last test was before I did update on friday.

I cannot get gnome keyring to work at all, means: neither nm-applet nor
pidgin store the passwords in the keyring, pidgin stores them unobscured
in .purple.

FWIW, pidgin doesn't store passwords in the keyring anymore: we killed
that patch to go closer to upstream, and because it was causing various
issues.

Ok, that explains it. Last week I was on the road and had no
encrypted wireless to test with, so I did only test with pidgin...

Today at home, I did

eval `gnome-keyring-daemon -s --components=secrets`
nm-applet

and after adding my network with passphrase, I had to unlock the keyring
with my login password => works as designed.

Thanks,

seife
--
Stefan Seyfried