Re: [opensuse-factory] SSD discard support? hdparm's wiper.sh?
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:53:30 +0200
On Friday 23 April 2010 16:15:07 Greg Freemyer wrote:
The only negative I see is that it is designed to be invoked
routinely, not instantaneously like the kernel currently does it.

Given that write performance degradation occurs over time, I can't see this
being a problem if it's a more efficient method of reclaiming pages.

--
“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”
- Christopher Hitchens