[opensuse-factory] Status of Contrib
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:19:46 +0200
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a definite decision about how to go on forward
with the seperation of Contrib and mainline Factory.

If I remember correctly Contrib was the place to submit stuff to as normal
contributor to openSUSE, now Factory is open for everybody to submit stuff,
based on reputation, skills and whatnot. So what's the future of Contrib now,
this looks like a limbo state to me.

Also does openSUSE try to be as inclusive as debian now (everything in one big
repository) or seperate atleast into Factory and Contrib?
Or even further with repositories like network:utilities, games, GNOME:Extra,
KDE:Community etc. which currently have a 'rolling release' way of life.

I can't come up with a big weighing pro for any of the possibilities, but I
just can't say what model is currently followed.

Karsten