Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GTK interface of software installer in YaST [yast2-gtk] in Factory
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:02:58 +0200

On 2010-04-14 17:15, Jakub Rusinek wrote:
Dnia 14-04-2010 o 16:57:47 Stefan Seyfried <> napisał(a):

There might be a very slim chance that the GTK frontend has gotten a
bit more usable in the last year, but since M5 is uninstallable, I
cannot test it right now.

I'm trying to understand how can you like Qt interface, but I guess I
can't (; .

And I can't understand how you like the gtk interface, but I can't - and not
because of looks.

I find the yast software mngmt gtk interface in 11.2 and before largely
unusable, so I use yast gtk
for all except software management, where I explicitly call the qt interface
instead. This is a
known problem, so much so that there are known hacks to automate this.

There are bugzillas about this, solved as wontfix, use qt instead, gtk software
management is dead
end, no improvements, etc.

Therefore, now that the gtk software mngmt interface has been revamped for 11.3
(see the OP (Atri)
mail) I'm very interested in testing it. I might revert to use gtk flavor
instead of qt.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))