RE: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GTK interface of software installer in YaST [yast2-gtk] in Factory
  • From: Rastislav Krupanský <rastislav.krupansky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:06:41 +0200
From: Stefan Seyfried [mailto:stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:25 PM
To: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GTK interface of
software installer in YaST [yast2-gtk] in Factory

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:21:51 +0200
"Jakub Rusinek" <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hm, now I'm thinking, the survey would be a great idea. Survey writers
would have to denote differences between GTK and Qt versions of YaST,
dis-
and advantages of both, compare and mix everything to create one big
survey. And then we'd have a consensus, probably.

And an app that is useless to both the current yast2 QT advocates and to
the (misguided, of course!!1!11! ;-) yast2 GTK lovers.

So why not have two different software management apps for different
tastes?
--
Stefan Seyfried

Why?
For example in my case, when i changed KDE to Gnome, i was totally lost in
Gtk YaST software management interface, because something completely
different showed me up.
Why do another applications use the same interfaces in all environments,
inluded MS Windows? Does Firefox, Gimp, or another application use another
interface in different environments?, No it doesn´t.
E.g. i tried Mandriva last week and software management looks like the same
in Gnome/KDE, or K/Ubuntu detto.
And the survey about requirements would be a good idea.

--
S pozdravom / Best regards,

Rasto