Re: [opensuse-factory] So noone can help?
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:57:51 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Karsten König wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 14. April 2010 23:13:10 schrieb Christian:

OK, this is my last message to this list and noone seems to be willing to
help. This is so simple for you opensuse user's. If logged out from Gnome,
how many times should one press the tab key in order to get to the login
button or is there some keyboard command for enabling this button? And
finally, where can I post suggestions so that they will be implemented in
some future release of the OS? This is important, at least to me when it
comes to accessibility.
Many thanks,
Christian

I am downloading the gnome image right now, it's 11 pm here and every student
seems to be awake in the dorm downloading something, so I can only try again
tomorrow, it will take hours to download now =(

Try ftp5.gwdg.de directly. 500 MBit bandwidth reserve currently. You would
not get it all, but the filesystem has reserve currently too.

I am normally no GNOME user but KDE so I can't just test it.

Still you found the blinux list already, it seems dead though, I cc'ed bryen,
afaik he is also visually impaired and works on gnome a11y from time to time.

It was a no-good decision by Novell/SUSE some long time ago to release their only one "truly" blind worker.
I have an almost blind collegue, and he states that since that point, blinux support at Novell/SUSE got slowly steadily rotten.

SUSE - The Linux Experts - has "set free" their only "blinux expert" who was expert by own patience - the best expert one can think of, sorry, but true and proven.

I hope there is a chance to regain expert status at this field back, and my almost-blind collegue even more than me, I guess.

Suggestions can be posted to https://features.opensuse.org/ with a novell
account, I don't know how accessible the opensuse pages are, if you need help
just write to the list or me and I'll forward your suggestions.

I remember SuSE beeing very proud about a11y for visually impaired users, but
I can't judge about the current state =(

"Was". "Is" would be a self-illusioning statement by non-blind deciders which would vote it blindly. But expert status for the biological, not the real blindness would be a better gain.

You asked if brttly includes USB support in the current release, sadly it's
not even included in 11.2 but only in vuntz (Vincent Untz) personal home
project, so if you add his repository you can download and install it.

Also I suggest mailing to opensuse-gnome as well, maybe some of them are not
subscribed to this list.

Viele Gruesse
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

--