Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GTK interface of software installer in YaST [yast2-gtk] in Factory
  • From: "Jakub Rusinek" <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:21:51 +0200
Dnia 14-04-2010 o 23:07:26 Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:19:36 +0200
Rastislav Krupanský <rastislav.krupansky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The most problem is that qt and gtk yast are inconsistent and looks like
two completely different applications. This should be resolved. Then
users wouldn´t face the dilemma which one is better.

Maybe having choice is good ;)

If that means that gtk yast is changed to behave like QT yast, then I
won't complain. But if QT yast is changed to behave like gtk one... that
would be disastrous ;)

Let's have a flamewar, I didn't have one for a long time ;-) .

I'd willingly answer questions in a survey. Survey with mockups and a lot of questions.

Of course, I can use custom built SUSE from Studio, where I can put yast2-gtk by default to an ISO containing only KDE4, but that's not a solution, it's a workaround (just like using Banshee to manage multimedia devices because Amarok can't do anything).

Hm, now I'm thinking, the survey would be a great idea. Survey writers would have to denote differences between GTK and Qt versions of YaST, dis- and advantages of both, compare and mix everything to create one big survey. And then we'd have a consensus, probably.

--
Best regards,
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek