Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help fixing gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad, what is cog?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:13:31 +0200
On 4/9/2010 at 10:28, Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm changing orc-doc to orc-devel to hopefully fix the gstreamer bad
build, thanks to Toni for pointing me in the right direction.
Dave P

This does not sound like the right direction: orc main package provides
orc-devel. As it's a compiler there is literally no use of it without the
devel package. And having a dep from the main package to -devel is a no-no...
This is the same solution as with gcc btw: the main package provides the
-devel (this was discussed before submitting to Factory, and the hint came from
Darix).

Dominique