Re: [opensuse-factory] List of features of openSUSE 11.3
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 00:35:14 +0200
Onsdag den 31. marts 2010 17:06:15 skrev Shayon Mukherjee:
I am looking for a list of Features, some 'KEY' features of openSUSE
11.3.Also what special changes have been made compared to 11.2.As i have
plans to make a promo for 11.3,so this would be very essential.

Here are some of them
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2010-02/msg00066.html , i
would like to know the updated data (if any) ...

I think there are very varying opinions on what are key features.

You can see most of the new features for 11.3 in openFATE
https://features.opensuse.org/query/run?search_string=&search_products%5B%5D=openSUSE-11.3&search_status%5B%5D=done&type=find&commit=Search

Of course that list is not complete and also generally does not include all
the cool stuff from upstream development.

Iirc there was a request some time ago for someone to take on the task of
monitoring the commit list to keep track of interesting commits. But I guess
there was no takers. We'd probably need a whole gang of people to replace
Beineri.

I always make notes of new features that I think are particularly useful or
have marketing value, so far my list for 11.3 has the following, but it's
likely to be very lacking:

lxde on the dvd
ktorrent with dht
btrfs (well, was already in 11.2 apparently)
ksuseinstall
kernel mode setting stuff
nouveau
upstart