Re[2]: [opensuse-factory] Noone can help?
  • From: "Christian" <christian08@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 22:29:11 +0200
Hi Stephen and all others,
Many thanks for the reply.
Alternatively, if you've already got Gnome and the Opensuse 11.3 Milestone4
intsalled try the following:
press alt-f2 and type orca. orca should come up talking and it will ask you a
few questions. You may need to log out and log in again for the accessibility
to be enabled.
Once logged in, if you did not chooce to have Orca start automatically, which I
think you would not want as a sighted user, hit alt-f2 again and type orca and
you should hear Welcome to orca.
Then start up Firefox. Use the tab key and see if orca reads the different
links that you move across. Also, try launching openoffice Writer and see if
orca speaks the menu's and when typing something.
To quit orca you can hit insert-q
Just let me know if you want to know something else.
Many thanks,
Christian