Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL/DeviceKit in 11.3?
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:57:45 +0100
On Monday 11 January 2010 12:14:58 Will Stephenson wrote:
When are we planning to remove HAL from the distribution? Apparently other
distributions are already working on this for their next releases, and if
we are planning the same, I'd like to know about it well in advance so the
implications for applications using HAL are clear.

Are there any openSUSE specific packages that use hal? For example does YaST
or our installation depend on hal? In that case we should evaluate moving
these packages away from hal ourselves - and I agree that for those packages
where we're not upstream and which do not change in time for the 11.3 release,
we'll ship hal to have them working,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany