Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL/DeviceKit in 11.3?
  • From: Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joerg Schilling)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:45:18 +0100
Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

When are we planning to remove HAL from the distribution? Apparently other
distributions are already working on this for their next releases, and if we
are planning the same, I'd like to know about it well in advance so the
implications for applications using HAL are clear.

Both HAL and devicekit seem top be a major problem in relation with CD/DVD/BD
writing. If there is a plan to change, I would recommend to require to first
develop a working solution for the well known problems with CD/DVD/BD writing.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni)