Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL/DeviceKit in 11.3?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:39:05 +1100
On 11/01/10 22:14, Will Stephenson wrote:
When are we planning to remove HAL from the distribution? Apparently other
distributions are already working on this for their next releases, and if we
are planning the same, I'd like to know about it well in advance so the
implications for applications using HAL are clear.

Will

The obvious questions are:

Why is HAL being removed?

What is replacing it?

Why is openSUSE following others when it is supposed to be the
trendsetter - or so many of us think so?

A simplistic statement as above tells noone about anything but rather
only leads to confusion, speculation and FUD.

BC

--
Take the bull by the tail and look the facts in the face.

W C Fields