[opensuse-factory] cronie daemon is openSUSE
  • From: Michal Seben <mseben@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:30:40 +0000
Hi SUSE folks !

Maybe you already know that vixie-cron is used as default cron in openSUSE.
Currently there is no chance to push our ~20 patches to upstream (it's already
dead), so my suggestion is : switch to cronie[1]. I prepared simple wiki[2]
page about this step and also cronie package is waiting for testing in
Base:System[3] repo. So if you want test cronie, just add Base:System repo
(for opensuse 11.2) :
zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Base:/System/openSUSE_11.2/Base:System.repo
and install cronie (vixie-cron will be deleted):
zypper in cronie

Please let me know your opinions or suggestions :)

[1] : https://fedorahosted.org/cronie/
[2] : http://en.opensuse.org/Cron_replace
[3] :
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=cronie&project=Base%3ASystem/