Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:31:11 +0100
Dne So 12. prosince 2009 11:12:38 Rob OpenSuSE napsal(a):
2009/12/11 Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>:
Even if you look at your http://en.opensuse.org/Factory/Developer-
News ,
there is one item which clearly does not belong there (who with their
developer hat on cares about some BitTorrent client?) and one which is
unsure

I added that. Does it actually make sense to do only a partial list
of removed packages, on grounds that "developer" don't care about some
entries?

It is not a partial list of removed packages, it is a list of important
development changes.

If it does, then at minimum a link to the real complete list of
dropped packages is required.

How would you produce decent releases notes later if such changes
aren't noted? What about if some other developer does care about user
friendliness and reducing support questions, and wants to point users
to alternatives with something like 'cnf'.

This is something different. I have no problem with listing user changes too,
but I have a problem with mixing them together.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer