Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:57:00 +0100
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:27:55 +0100
Rafał Miłecki <zajec5polish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2009/12/10 Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Alex is working on PLL now and commited some patches already. Probably
would be worth trying git and if that still happens, then report bug.

git what? git kernel? git X? git Mesa?

I might consider building a kernel, but not the X server and its myriad
of dependencies ;)

I was wondering if KMS was used AT ALL on this machine, since at least
when I tried it on intel, it looked like the X server was "using the
same frame buffer" as the console. No backlight flickering when
switching from console to X and back.

With the radeon driver, it looks like this is different.
This is where my doubts come from ;)

The PLL problem has been there forever on those machines, so It is
nothing new.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens,
theory loses. Every single time." -- Linus Torvalds