Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:51:13 +0100
On Thursday 10 December 2009 15:03:45 Jano Kupec wrote:
On 12/10/2009 11:05 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 02 December 2009 18:57:45 Lubos Lunak wrote:
[...]
The place for such announcements would be this list, with some specific
subject to make it easier to spot them (and perhaps some more firm
pointing to the right list would be needed for those who create noise,
or something from
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2009-09/msg00354.html would
be needed).

I see some consensus for this, so what tag should be used in the subject
to mark it? Let's reword the proposal to work with missing details...

I also suggest to have a factory development page that links to all these
announcements, so that we reference them from one place. What do you
think?

What i don't like about the wiki is that it is hard to see incremental
changes to it, like you would see on a dedicated announce mailing list.
And you can reply to the announcement (in-lining the text) and further
discuss on opensuse-factory.

I agree with Lars in the other mail, that we should use some exising
mailing lists, because we have too many, but opensuse-announce is for
user announcments, what we discuss here is more a developer thing. I
still see opensuse-factory for discussion (RFC or otherwise tagged
mails) and some dedicated list only for announcmements (low traffic,
only the results) as the best solution.

But i'm also fine with just discussion on opensuse-factory and the wiki.
'RFC' in the subject is fine for me.

My proposal was to discuss on -factory and just have a pointer in the wiki to
it so that somebody can easily lookup these some time later - so I think we're
in agreement,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany