Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:35:28 +0000
2009/12/10 Jano Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx>:
On 12/10/2009 12:13 PM, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:

I guess they can be used also for non-breaking info, can't they? :O)
Impornat things (TM) :O)

A different tag would seem useful for that.

Maybe "BRK" or something?

Suppose someone like myself sees a FATE feature, and tries to
implement it. How do I get open a discussion to get design feedback?
RFC seems natural for that.

If RFC is used for [Announce], then for RFC's one would need to do
something else, or appear rather self important, and also mess up
everyone's mailbox filtering, for annoncements.

I think [ANNOUNCE] as used by Mozilla (and proven in USEnet for years)
works much better in showing the intention.

This thread used RFC in order to encourage discussion, the stated
desire for the announcements is to avoid it.

Rob