Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:40:29 +0100
On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 04:19:17PM +0100, Jano Kupec wrote:
[ 8< ]
To the problem of overlooking important information: special subject
string convention like "RFC" is enough for me to catch my attention to a
new discussion, and a special mailing list (e.g.
opensuse-devel-announce@xxx) would be great for posting the announcment
(the result of the discussion, the actual change to be done). The
announce mailing list should have reply-to set to opensuse-factory@xxxx

To me the project already has to many mailing lists. Therefore please
consider to use one of the existing openSUSE lists for these type of
announcements. RFC combined with a speaking subject should make it easy
enough to filter such mails.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]