  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:37:04 +0100
2009/12/5 Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
According to a report in the openSUSE Forums, 11.2 can be installed
from the LiveCD on an i686 machine as long as swap is available. The

I did this stunt on a p3-1000 256MB machine.
http://seife.kernalert.de/blog/2009/11/28/extreme-updating/

Actually I wanted to install it fresh, but the updates worked well,
so no reason to do that ;)

Unfortunately I have to say that KDE4 is really unusably slow
there, so I first tried XFCE (but you cannot disable double-click
there) and finally settled for GNOME which is usable.

And that from me, the old GNOME hater guy ;)

Have fun,

seife