  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:24:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-12-06 at 19:12 +0100, Egbert Eich wrote:

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 01:17:03PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Not true, either. Not everybody is capable of programming in C, even if
taught. That they think they can is the root cause of a lot of horrible
software around. Me, I learnt C. I earned my potatoes programming once, not
so long ago. I programmed in C and other things. And no, I'm not capable of
maintaining an existing C Linux project. I know very well the kind of
effort it needs...

I agree with your statement. However for contributing small things, look
at the code to track down a bug doesn't require very good probramming
skills. I'd rather take a patch for a bug that's not idea and rework it
than have to track down every single issue myself. A lot of my work involves
drivers. There we often encounter problems which we cannot reproduce
ourselves.

Ok, I just posted a bugzilla, with the solution: 561317. But it will be closed or ignored, I'm almost sure :-(

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.