Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:38:24 +0100
On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 02:46:22PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:

You just don't load the driver then :)

Greg, you may have to cards driven by the same driver, you may
want to drive one but not the other. This discussion implicitely
moved into this direction - the original question was: would it
be useful to have an per alias blacklist?
This could be added to modprobe but since there hasn't been any
demand for it I'm not so sure if there's any interest for it.
And I'm not really sure if we need it for DRM.
I certainly don't want to create an elaborate solution noone
has any need for ... this is called over-engineering.
But we usually find out such things two weeks prior to GM -
after the last Beta is out :((

Yeah, we don't have a way to do this on a per-device basis, and I can't
think of a sane way to specify this, can anyone else?

This goes further: driver options are driver global, not per device.
A sane way to specify this? Well, you could probably prefix options
by the device ID the kernel uses.

Cheers,
Egbert.
--
Egbert Eich (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
X Window System Development