  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:22:53 -0600
On Sunday 06 December 2009 12:12:10 Egbert Eich wrote:

However for contributing small things, look
at the code to track down a bug doesn't require very good probramming
skills.

It often requires just ability to set break point with a message, to locate
code that makes trouble. No much need to understand the code.

I'd rather take a patch for a bug that's not idea and rework it
than have to track down every single issue myself.

I guess that even approximate location of bug or activation of debug mode and
look in logs is far better then nothing at all.

A lot of my work
involves drivers. There we often encounter problems which we cannot
reproduce ourselves.

It is coming back to think how we can use better smolt and hardware detection
tools, make information upload lesser labor intensive, from prospectives of
user, developer and/or helper in forums.

--
Regards Rajko,

openSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team
People of openSUSE: http://en.opensuse.org/People_of_openSUSE/About