  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 22:32:38 +0000
2009/12/5 Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have done an update via NET iso without problems, but it needed about
8 hours and was constantly swapping.

Mine has a kernel panic while downloading part 2 of 6, but I never
enabled swap. Where do you do that in the NET install?

In general I have found existing swap partitions to be automatically used.

But you can CNTRL-ALT-F2 out of Install and do disk partitioning, and
mkfs yourself, from very early in the installation environment. Not
quite as comfy as booting Live System Rescue CD but not too bad.

Rob