  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 09:49:14 -0500
On 2009/12/05 13:05 (GMT) Rob OpenSuSE composed:

2009/12/5 Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Well... it was written that one of the pro's points of Linux was that it
could run on older hardware just fine, where windows couldn't. That is not
always true any longer. And yes, this 9 year computer runs about fine, too.
Not a proof, really; on some Bugzillas I've been told that my hardware is
too old.

Why can't you install old version of Linux on the old hardware?

1-security updates stop after "support" for the release is terminated
2-installing out of support releases means necessary bugfixes/patches from
their updates repos generally are no longer available
--
" We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/