  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:47:08 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-12-04 at 11:06 +0100, Egbert Eich wrote:

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 02:20:14AM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

We are users. We use. We don't "dev".
We ask for what we want/need. We can not do it ourselves.

Ok, that's fine. I don't expect everybody using openSUSE to be a developer.

But hey, if we want openSUSE to be a long term success story the community
around it that is able to do some sort of development needs to be a *lot*
larger than those people at Novell involved with it in one way or the other.

True.

Please note: reporting bugs is good (especially if the bug reports are
useful) but it takes people to fix those bugs. If there aren't enough
bugs won't get fixed.

We can help in some other ways, but we cant develop or maintain.

In other words, we see you as our "suppliers".

Ok - who does 'you' refer to - besides me personally?

:-)

Novell, Suse...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.