Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Rafał Miłecki <zajec5polish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:53:48 +0100
2009/12/3 Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>:
What about case of using closed NVIDIA drivers? Framebuffer can't set
1920×1080 with my card, it supports only 4:3 resolutions.

I saw Nouveau on Fedora setting this HD resolution easily and using it in
Plymouth and then X.Org.

How is it possible?

KMS drivers set your modes in way it's normally done for X. This mean
setting all that CRTCs, encoders, PLLs, outputs. That gives the same
possibilities for console (fbcon module) as it's normally available
for X.

--
Rafał