Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:27:08 +0100
On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 05:15:31PM +0100, Martin Schlander wrote:
That's only possible for RPMs built for openSUSE right?

I see no reason why fglrx couldn't do this by default everywhere, it
certainly wouldn't break anything - someone only needs to let ATI know
about this in time so that there's enough time for new fglrx version to
get released before 11.3.

People installing the blobs the manual way would have perform these actions
manually? .. which currently means _all_ fglrx users on 11.2 for example.

There is a work-around possible for the fglrx RPM builder: :)

http://forums.opensuse.org/hardware/426190-generating-catalyst-9-11-rpms-opensuse-11-2-a.html

Agreed, it's a pain, but hardly openSUSE's fault. :(

--
Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.