  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 02:20:14 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2009-12-02 at 12:20 +0100, Egbert Eich wrote:

This may sound hostile but it is not: openSUSE is free software just
like SaX2. If people feel SaX2 is still of great value why can't they
step up and take it over?

Maybe we don't have the skills to do it.

This was the whole purpose of my original email.
As a free software developer who has devoted a lot of his spare time
on developing free software I always found the demanding attitude of
some users very inappropriate. This is no different regarding the demands
made on Novell.

We are users. We use. We don't "dev".
We ask for what we want/need. We can not do it ourselves.
We can help in some other ways, but we cant develop or maintain.

In other words, we see you as our "suppliers".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.