Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:06:45 -0500
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
 it repeatedly happens that there is a change introduced in the distribution
that affects others yet those are not told at all or too late to do something
about it.

Another change was dropping PowerPC/POWER support for 11.2. It took a
couple of weeks to get an answer as to what the situation was once we
discovered that there were no 11.2 iso's for that platform. No
announcement ahead of time. Granted I wasn't keeping up with the 11.2
devel so I missed out on some things.

Maybe we could have a page on the opensuse.org site was well with a
pointer to these lists for discussion.

Also, posting a subject to multiple lists can be an issue. I don't
subscribe to every list, so I can't keep up with an entire discussion
sometimes.......