  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:02:30 +0100
What about "special" cases, were I need xorg.conf, e.g. support for
stereo or dual monitor layout?

Have you tried dual monitor layout with the new autodetect stuff? In
my experiments with my computer/hardware, it works very well.. much
better than the old xorg.conf way... and much easier.

In my case it was simply a case of plugging in the second monitor and
triggering the autodetect (in KDE, going into the Display settings in
the Configuration windows was all it took). The Display settings had
all the config I needed.. setting which motor was right/left of the
other, and resolutions of each monitor could be changes... could also
set up cloned one big desktop.

C.