  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:36:30 +0100
On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 04:51:27PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2009/12/01 21:29 (GMT+0100) jdd composed:

I just want to say that Sax2 is mandatory now. On 11.2, changing a
monitor for a worst one, with less resolution, let the user without
solution and without screen (I had this on two very different computers)

the solution is sax2 -a, simply, so may be a very simplifyed sax2 is
enough (may be a simple script)

Have you ever tried 'X -configure'? If it fails for you, you could file an
upstream bug, since it's built into X and shouldn't depend on Novell staff to
make work.

Right.
In fact I was surprised how well it is working still. The result requires some
manual editing but not too much. I used to spend a lot of time fixing it in
the past as I was using it a lot but haven't dome so lately.

Cheers,
Egbert.