  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:15:33 +0000
2009/12/2 Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 2009/12/01 20:21 (GMT-0300) Cristian Rodríguez composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

However, the problem isn't always in fixable software. Acceptable use of
displays with corrupt or missing DDC/EDID will continue to require
preconfiguration. Failure of a display to give good feedback to the display
card is not singularly sufficient reason to abandon its use.

Yes, the Nvidia GS8300 doesn't pass on Monitor DDC; I think Windows
handled this by offering number of "standard" resolutions, presumably
Xorg will do similar. If I can find the card, I'll test it out with
11.2 (but at present I've mislayed it).