  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:57:48 -0500
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [12-01-09 15:31]:
Le 01/12/2009 16:32, Egbert Eich a écrit :

Yet, the decision was driven by what Novell sees its business needs
and thus is not up for discussion.

was there any discussion in the community about this?

Yes, earlier today an announcement was made about a business decision.

I think it very unfriendly for Novell to make so hudge change without
asking the rest of the community. May be some other Novell tasks could
be less important for openSUSE than SaX2...

You must remember that Novell does *not* work for the "Community", but
donates time and money toward bettering the "Community" Project. Their
decision is no different than you choosing to use another distro, except
it was based on their current business conditions.

I just want to say that Sax2 is mandatory now. On 11.2, changing a
monitor for a worst one, with less resolution, let the user without
solution and without screen (I had this on two very different computers)

the solution is sax2 -a, simply, so may be a very simplifyed sax2 is
enough (may be a simple script)

Then the "Community" must pick up the pieces. I cannot believe that
Novell will not continue to support SaX2 for SLE11, so it *should* not
dissappear toooo soon.