Re: [opensuse-factory] postfix updates not running postmap
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:26:11 +0100
On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:04:10AM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 09:26:03AM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-30-09 12:44]:

Which makes me wonder how they are created on a plain
installation. The post-install script is the same, but
obviously(?) does different things depending on the situation?

I think not. The post-install script *should* compare creation
times of text files that are normally converted to tables to the
creation times of the xxx.db files and run postmap against those
that do not
conform. New install or update should make no difference.

Agree - but isn't that what you're seeing: that your 'zypper dup'
operation does not run 'postmap' to create the .db files despite
having installed new text files?

The problem probably actually is in /etc/sysconfig/postfix that e.g.
"relay" or some other maps are not listed in the POSTFIX_MAP_LIST
variable.

Ah, that is interesting - so I guess it wouldn't work in a regular
install either. I've done a few of those with 1.2, but I'm not sure
I've checked the postfix setup.

A normal install will get the correct list from /var/adm/fillup-templates/...
Just an upgrade from older SUSEs will have problems.

Ciao, Marcus